With ideal sunny weather practically all year round, it’s no wonder Arizona is the home of some of the best golf courses in the United States. On top of that, golf is a popular sport not only for adults; a lot of young people actually enjoy the sport and dedicate weekends and whatever free time they have to polishing their moves at the ranges.
For serious golfers or enthusiasts, Arizona is like paradise – the selection of golf courses presents the perfect opportunity for improving their game tactics, as they offer various levels of difficulty. The championship golf courses in Phoenix, in fact, are favorite training grounds for professional golfers who are preparing themselves for competition; not only do these golf courses have sprawling green for training, but most of them also have luxurious accommodation. Training can easily be mixed with pleasure.
If you’re thinking of going on a golf getaway with your buddies this summer, here are the top golf courses in Arizona certainly worth checking out.
- Wigwam Resort Golf Course – This is considered the jewel of the desert and it’s one of the few remaining golf resorts in the Southwest said to be built for a pure golf experience despite all the other amenities it has. The Wigwam’s three 18-hole championship golf courses boast of diversity no other Arizona resort can provide. Therefore, if you really want to challenge your skills, the Wigwam is most certainly worth considering. To ensure the most comfortable and enjoyable golfing weekend or getaway, the Wigwam has casitas and suites, as well as award-winning restaurants and a diverse range of recreational amenities such as pools and a spa where guests can relax after a full day of golf.
- TPC Scottsdale is the most expensive public course in the area and is a close second. This place will provide you the pros’ experience with its PGA Tour layout.
- Troon North – It is still one of the most popular golf courses in Arizona because it highlights the unique desert landscape of the state. Golf courses have rock outcroppings, cacti, and arroyos. The overall appeal of this golf course shows how different it is from most modern lush golf courses.
- Southern Dunes Golf Club – Conveniently located just 25 minutes south of Phoenix’s Sky Harbor International Airport, it has an expansive 7,300-yard layout designed by Lee Schmidt and Brian Curley of Fred Couples Consulting. The courses are a work of art, with the beautiful mountains and desert vistas for a background.
- Talking Stick – This is among the economical options for those who don’t want to bust a lot of money for a golfing getaway, but golfers give the Talking Stick big points for having the most challenging set of bunkers. While it may be lacking in the sophistication department, it easily makes up for that by being an impressively fun golfing destination.